Topical Health Care Issues, Lively Debate
Originating in 1990, these monthly programs are designed to stimulate thought and dialog on key health issues, and provide networking opportunities among the diverse audience of health care consumers, providers, purchasers and educators. Forums are offered at 8:00 – 10:00 AM on the first Friday of the month, September through June.
- May 2, 2014: Implications and Strategies for Community Hospitals
- April 4, 2014: The Patient Centered Medical Home
- March 7, 2014: Employer Sponsored Primary Care
- February 7, 2014: The Critical Issue of Elder Abuse
- January 10, 2014: West Michigan Healthcare Economic Forecast (Please note change of venue and time.)
- December 6, 2013: ESCAPE FIRE screening and Panel Discussion
- November 1, 2103: Hospital and Patient Safety
- October 4, 2013: Specialty Pharmacy – Trends, Costs and Impact
- September 6, 2013: Health Care Providers’ Role in Screening and Counseling for Interpersonal and Domestic Violence: Dilemmas and Opportunities
- June 7, 2013: Pre-Diabetes – It’s Time to Make a Change for Life
- May 3, 2013: What Employers Need to Know About the Affordable Care Act
- April 5, 2013: Continued Growth of Health Information Exchange Across West Michigan
- March 1, 2013: Understanding Organ, Tissue and Body Donation: Living and Post-Mortem Bequest
- February 1, 2013: Certificate of Need
- January 11, 2013: West Michigan Healthcare Economic Forecast (Please note change of venue and time.)
- December 7, 2012: Health Care Reform: Opportunity or Challenge?
- November 2, 2012: Trustees in Action
- October 5, 2012: The Role of the Trustee
- September 7, 2012: Who Owns our Community’s Health Resources?